Thursday, July 30, 2009

Reasons to be cheerful

Mission accomplished! Today I opened a bank account for my sponsor money and donations to go into. It's called 'THE BRYCE CLAPHAM FAMILY FUND'. You can go into any branch of the National Bank in NZ and make a donation, you don't even need the account number. The wonders of technology! I've never known a bank manager so pleased to see me either! I also had an interview with the North Waikato News, who are going to give my fundraising mission a plug, hooray!

Only had time to run 5km today but at least it was something. I'm noticing the difference already since I started running every day - I could easily have run another 5km if it wasn't getting too dark! However I've noticed a much bigger difference in my motivation now I'm committed to running for someone else as well as me. I have to get out there every day and train, rain, hail or shine - and I want to. No more excuses for this chick, I can't let people down!

Amazingly (for me) I've also decided to give up alcohol while I'm training. I do love my wine I admit - the more the better! However I have made the mistake of running with a hangover twice (you would have thought I would have learned the first time) and I really don't recommend it. Not only that, I once read that drinking one glass of wine is equal to eating one chocolate Tim Tam biscuit. There's no way I would ever sit and scoff half a packet of Tim Tams in one sitting - or dare I say it, even a WHOLE packet - yet I'm happy to pour the equivalent in wine down my gullet! So the wine has been replaced with Appletiser instead. I'm feeling quite saintly I don't mind admitting. Until I remember it's probably going to be quite some time before Bryce gets to enjoy something as simple as a beer. I think Mr Driller the principal is going to visit him in hospital this weekend. I wonder what he's going to think about this crazy woman running a marathon for him? I hope he doesn't mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment